Why is magnesium oil useful?
Magnesium oil is made from a mixture of magnesium chloride flakes and water. When these two substances are combined, the resulting liquid has an oily feel, but isn’t technically an oil. Magnesium chloride is an easy-to-absorb form of magnesium that may be able to raise levels of this nutrient within the body when applied topically to the skin.
Magnesium is an important nutrient. It has multiple functions within the body.
- Regulating nerve and muscle function
- Supporting healthy pregnancy and lactation
- Maintaining healthy blood sugar levels
- Maintaining optimum blood pressure levels
- Manufacturing and supporting protein, bone, and DNA health.
- Preventing muscle cramps
- Promotes well rested sleep
- Reducing stress
Magnesium deficiency has been linked to many conditions, some of which include:
- heart disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)